Sunday, September 06, 2009

Remembering my Angel on her 2nd Birthday

The Broken Chain

We little knew that morning that God was going to call your name.
In life we loved you dearly, in death we do the same.
It broke our hearts to lose you. You did not go alone.
For part of us went with you, the day God called you home.
You left us peaceful memories, your love is still our guide.
And though we cannot see you, you are always at our side.
Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again.

This is one of my favorite poems that I have found since Lily's passing and I woke up thinking about it yesterday on her birthday. It brought me a lot of comfort. It is hard to believe it has been two years and I sometimes still wonder what our lives would be like if she was here now. But then I look at our lives now and it is hard to picture it any other way. I am thankful for how far the Lord has brought us through this and all his blessing on us through this trail. He has surely been good to us. I still miss my little girl, but as the poem says "the chain will link again"!!!


2 comments:

Jules said...

That is a beautiful poem~ It definately still brings tears to my eyes. I know how hard that trial was for you, I'm thankful that God has comforted you these last 2 years. Thinking and praying for you today, and everyday.

Tiffany said...

What a sweet poem. I sometimes try to imagine what things would be like, but like you said its hard to picture it any other way.