Wednesday, June 21, 2006

~Little Baby Hunter~


Well, we had a pretty crazy weekend and a week so far. Between Father's day and helping my husband parents move into their new house. I have not had time to post.
But wanted to share this with everyone. The pictures above are of me and my friend Jessica. While we were in Washington I got to go to one of her baby showers. They knew that they were having a little boy and were naming him hunter.
They induced her labor on last friday and finally late on saturday night she started pushing. She was having a hard time and the baby wasn't coming. So they did a c-section. The baby wasn't breathing and had to be revived. They were then transported to a hospital in Seattle for further care. At first they were just worried about the babies lungs because it had a bowel movement and thought it might be in the lungs. We were pretty worried, but thought he would probably be ok.
The next day I found out that they said that there was some bleeding in the brain and swelling and they were worried about brain damage and were going to do some test. After a day or two more of waiting, the test revealed that he has severe brain damage...almost completely brain dead.
He has been on life support and today they are going to take him off support and let him go. It is so sad..and makes me cry as I write this. My friend Jessica and her husband seem to be doing good...but I know it can't be easy. It is probably an emotional roller coaster for them. They have been able to see and hold the baby alot and are going to get to hold him while he passes on.
Just remember them in your prayers today, as it is going to be a very hard day for them. And over the next few week as they go home to a house full of baby stuff with no baby.
It is hard to understand why stuff like that happens. You look at your own child and see how strong and healthy they are and you think about what it must be like to go through something like that. So so sad. I just hugged Luke for the longest time today and thanked the Lord that he allowed him to be a healthy little baby and now a little boy.
A BABY'S SECRET
I'm just a little person
And I didn't quite make it there;
I went staight to be with Jesus
And I am waiting for you here.
~
Don't you fret about me, Mommy,
I'm of all God's lambs most blest;
I'd have loved to stayed ther with you,
But our Shepherd knows what's best.
~
Many dwelling here where I live
Waited years to enter in;
Struggled through a world of sorrow
And their lives were marred with sin.
~
So sweet Mommy don't you sorrow,
Chase the gloom and wipe the tears;
I went straight to Jesus bosom
May your heartache disappear.
~
Daddy gave me something for you,
It's our secret, Mommy dear;
Pressed it tight against my forehead,
Whispered in my tiny ear.
~
I'll be waiting for you Mommy-
You and Daddy, all the rest.
I'll be with you then forever
And I'll give you Daddy's Kiss.

9 comments:

MarylandMommy said...

Oh my goodness.....this post brought tears to my eyes. This makes me so sad. I will be praying for your friend & her family. I can't imagine the pain they are going through.

Nicki said...

Oh, Beth. This brought me to tears. I will be praying for this family at this time. Like MM, I can't even imagine their pain. Thank you for sharing this opportunity to pray for this couple.

Renee said...

How terribly sad. I know someone who recently lost a newborn too and I just can't imagine what it's like. I'll keep them in my prayers.
So sorry about their loss.

Janelle said...

Beth - that is every body's worst nightmare. seeing those pictures of your friend with her pregnant belly & all the excitement and anticipation. I'm soooo sorry this is happening. and i ask the same question... "why??".
her labour sounds alot like mine - and we had the same sort of scare with my delivery & Kamryn's lungs. I feel very blessed right now and humbled to not take this blessing for granted.
And I will send up prayers for this family, and for you - who are close to them.

Ida Marie said...

It brought tears to my eyes as well. There is always the big "why" question. I will be praying for them.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I am so incredibly saddened to read this. Your friend and family are in my prayers at this very moment- may the Lord bring peace and comfort to their hearts, may the sorrow only last for a night and joy will come in the morning. What a sweet angel in heaven baby Hunter will make, and he will forever live in his mommy & daddy's hearts.

Gina said...

The poem made me tear up. So beautiful. I have a Luke too : )

Unknown said...

This is such a heartbreaking story. :( I struggle trying to understand thing like this. I've been helping my daughter Emily memorize Bible verses and we are on Romans 8:28 We know that all things work together for good to them who love God to them who are the called according to his purpose. I find comfort knowing that we are not supposed to understand. We just have to have faith. I will remember this family in my prayers. God Bless.

Heidi said...

Beth - Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this, it brought me tears. One cannot imagine the pain they endure unless it's happened to them personally. I will say a prayer for them. I had no idea that's what the post was about when I saw her happy face and pregnant belly. It's so hard to understand isn't it?! I am so thankful for my Sammy. I pray your friends will be ok, it sounds like God's giving them the strength already.