Monday, February 12, 2007

Ok...So off we go!!!

So we have quite a busy week ahead of us. Thursday Luke and I are flying out to Washington State. My sister-in-law is due to have a baby at the end of the month and we are hoping to get there a little before she has the baby, and then spend a few weeks there after to help her out. I am really looking forward to the trip. Not only will we get to see the new baby, but I will get to see all my family and friends.
~
Let me say though it has been so hard to get prepared for this trip, and I still have a million things to do. And this pregnancy sickness and fatigue is NOT helping.
~
My first concern is the flight. I do not like flying. I am sure it will be fine, but I will just be glad when we get there. Luke had never been on a plane before so I am hoping he does good. He is very excited about it though. He has been talking about it for weeks. He know he is going to ride on a plane to go see grandpa. He actually thinks it is grandpa's plane. Everytime he hears a plane he says "hear grandpa's plane?" It is cute.
~
There is a lot to think about when traveling with a young child. I am trying to figure out what to do with this whole carseat/booster thing. I know I will need it in WA, but just not sure if I should carry it on or check it in. I would like to have him sit on it during the flight, but not looking forward to hauling it all over the airport. I have enough to keep track of with a three year old running every where. I already know I need to carry on a bag with toys and coloring stuff to keep Luke busy. Plus I am going to have a bunch of snacks to keep my poor stomach satisfied at a moments notice. I guess we will see when we get to the airport. I don't want the booster to get trashed if I check it in too. If anyone has gone thru this situation let me know what worked best for you..thanks
~
So back to what needs done before I leave. Of course is the normal packing. I have tons of laundry to get done before I go. More than usual. Since I have got this all day sickness my house has been a disaster. Piles of dishes and laundry every where. My husband has been great about helping me though. I am starting to feel better so things are looking up. Just playing catch up.
~
So I am sure we will be ready to go on time, it is just hard to prepare for leaving for a month. Especially when I am leaving my husband behind. I need to make a trip to the grocery store so I can fill the freezer with food for him, so he won't eat out every meal. Need to pay all our bill before we leave so I won't have as much to keep track of while I am gone. At least I got our taxes done so I won't have to worry about that when I get home in the middle of March.
~
So Thursday morning we leave. We have a 6 hour drive to the airport, then a couple hour flight to Spokane, Wa. And then a 3 hour drive from there to our destination. What a long day...yuck. Hope all goes well and that I feel good that day....pray for me. Not wanting to be sick in the car or on the plane.
~
So I guess I will probably not be posting for awhile...which isn't really any different than it has been over the last few months...hehe. Hope to put some pics up of the new baby while we are out there. Talk to everyone later, and Trina and Mary see ya soon!

4 comments:

meNmykids said...

I will definately pray for you. I symathize with morning sickness, would hate to fly while having it. Hope that you have a great trip and all goes well with Janice.
Gale

Twinsplus2 said...

Hey Beth,

Congrats on the new baby! I suffered horrible morning sickness with my first pregnancy and then with the twins. Ironically, potato chips helped to calm my stomach. Something about the grease in them.

We just travelled with Em and Lance...I would check the car seat, and not worry about having it on the plane. You can use a stroller, and have it right up to the minute you board the plane and then leave it for them to store on the bottom of the plane...it is there (usually) when you get off the plane. Not sure if you need one or not for Luke on your trip.

We also had gum ready for their ears and the pressure problems. This is not something I normally give them, as they are too young, and it poses a choking hazard...but Em used it, as she had some problems...but then we had her spit it out upon landing.

Good luck with the flight!

: ) L

Trina said...

Im so sorry to hear about your all day sickness. I can totally relate, my heart aches for you. It is a good sign of a healthy pregnancy though.

As far as flying with youngsters, I have no ideas. I just havent done it, ever. But Mary is an old pro in this area.

I am looking forward to seeing ya, and I am praying that Janice's labor and baby all goes beautifully.

Anonymous said...

I have done the flight thing with a toddler, and I know everyone does it differntly but I like having the seat on the plane. When they are not in their seat they want to get up and walk around more. When they are in it they know it is like in the car and they have to stay there. It is a pain in the airport but worth it in flight. It is also nice to have right away if you are having someone pick you guys up. Then you can walk out put him in the seat in the car and go back in to get your luggage. If they need to drive around the block then that is OK. Just my thoughts. Love and Prayers for you and Janiece.