Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Travel-Eze


So my aunt sent me an email the other day telling me about this wrist bands that help people with nausea. I was definitely curious since I have had a lot of it. I started to do some research online and got some info about them.

~

There are a couple different kind. One called Sea-bands and one called Travel-Eze. They are mostly made for people who are traveling and get motion sickness easily. Like in the car or flying or on a boat. But it did say it helped during pregnancy.

~

They are these little cloth wrist band, that almost look like the ones people wear when they are playing sport. But they have this little plastic round thing on it that put pressure on the inside of you wrist. It is supposed to hit a pressure point and help nausea.

~

Here is what consumer reports had to say about them:


Queasy travelers, pregnant women, and others suffering from nausea may find some relief from special acupressure wristbands (Sea-Band and Travel-Eze; about $10 a pair). Based on principles similar to acupuncture, the bands apply pressure to a point about three finger-widths above the crease of your inner wrist (called the “P6 point”) believed to mediate nausea and vomiting. Controlled studies in pregnant women have found that the bands can reduce the frequency and severity of morning sickness. Studies testing them for motion sickness and chemotherapy- or anesthesia-related nausea have also yielded some positive results.

~

So last night after dinner I went out in search of these wrist bands. I checked Walmart, but couldn't find them. So then I checked Walgreens. They had the travel-eze ones. The guy that helped me said that they work pretty good and his wife wore them her whole pregnancy. So of course I wanted to try then and bought them.

~

I put them on last night and slept with them on. They are not the most comfortable thing to wear and look a little funny. But I think they are helping. I have felt pretty good this morning. We will see as the day goes on. I tend to get sick a lot in the evening, so I hope it helps tonight.

~

Has anyone else ever heard of these and used them? Just wondering. I am hoping they will help on my trip too!!!

7 comments:

meNmykids said...

Wow! Now wouldn't that be wonderful? I hope they are all they're made out to be. You'd be so blessed to make it out here with none or little suffering. Good luck!
Gale

Tiffany said...

Honestly Beth, I tried those and spent about $30+ in search of any and all anti-nausea stuff. They really didn't work. I kept them on forever, read the instructions and put them on correctly. They just didn't do anything along with ginger, saltines, or anything. I just had to bear through it. It went away around 6-7 months for me. I mean diminished, I even felt nauseated after pregnancy for a month.

Those bands left red circles on my wrists and kind of hurt. I'd suggest not traveling but do what you want. I remember any and all movement made me so ill. Even riding in a car - a slight bump would make me almost vomit.

Good luck and congrats.... ;)

Bek said...

congratulations on the new baby on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! blessings! its so much fun having two. you'll love it.

Trina said...

I have heard of them, but never used them. I just sort of gave up on a cure after so many pregnancies and NOTHING working...sorry to be such a pessimist though...lol
I sure hope they work for you though. Let us know what you think though!

marykathryn said...

I actually never have heard of then either. I did however remember hearing something about someone wearing some sort of bracetlet, but that is all I remember...sorry not much help from me.. hehe!! Still have morning sickness huh? soo sorry!
So are you not coming out here to be with your sister-in-law?

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I have heard of them and would probably give them a try! You never know!

Also, if you get the chance- be sure to stop by & participate in a Photo Tag of Your Mom here!

Staci said...

Congrats on your pregnancy. I have never personally tried them but I have heard they work for some prople :)