Tuesday, May 12, 2009

8 months old


Well my handsome little guy is now 8 months old. Here is the latest about him...
He is weighing in at 19 lbs 4 oz and is about 28 1/4in long. He is quite the chubby boy still and I just love it. He has tried almost every fruit and veggie baby food and LOVES all of it. When we first started him on baby food he just gobbled it down...but due to constipation problems I had to really cut down on how much I give him. Poor guy....
~
He is sitting up great and hardly even falls over anymore. He is learning to lean side to side and forward and balancing himself with his arms. He is also kinda a rocker.....he gets pretty excited sometimes and rocks back and forward. He is still perfectly content just sitting and hanging out in one spot. (which is fine by me) Don't think we will be seeing any crawling anytime in the next few week. I think Luke was over 9 months old when he first started crawling. But have been trying to give him more tummy time in case he decides to try to scoot around. I try to bring his knees and legs up to a crawling position and show him how to rock back and forward..but he just laughs cause he thinks I am tickling his legs..hehe.
~
Over the past few months Drew really went through some separation anxiety and stranger anxiety. He is getting a lot better now, but if he is getting tired or hungry and I start to walk away from him or even turn my back on him he will lose it. It is really sweet actually. He loves his mommy.
~
One great new accomplishment is he can now wave bye-bye. Of course not every time but if you catch him at the right time you might get lucky. He is getting quite the personality and I am seeing his first signs of throwing a fit. When he is laying on his back and gets mad he will lift his legs all the way up together and then bang them back down..it is pretty funny. But can make changing a diaper difficult sometimes...lol.
~
Drew has been taking a lot better naps during the day and we have been trying to get them to mostly be naps in the crib. We have also been working on trying to teach him to fall asleep on his own. Laying him down VERY drowsy and letting him cry till he falls asleep. It works pretty good unless he is VERY overtired or not tired enough. Have to catch him at the right time. He will usually only cry for like 5 min and then nod off. I can usually tell right away if it is not going to work. The cry sounds different...more than just a whine and after 10 mins I know he is not going to fall asleep.
~
Well feels like summer is almost here now. The weather is getting hot and we have been spending a lot of time outdoors enjoying it. Luke only has two days of school left and then it is summer break. He is already registered for kindergarten and I know he is going to miss going to pre-school. I am looking forward to not having such busy mornings and just hanging out around the house with the boys!!!
*Forgot to add...still no teeth yet for this boy...just waiting for one to pop through any day now!

4 comments:

Mrs Manz said...

Thanks for the updates, Beth. So good to hear all is well down there and that you're enjoying your boys so much. I also wanted to make a comment on what a beautiful moment Lily's blog is.
Hugs,
kendall

Jules said...

Awww... I REALLY enjoyed reading this post! It is so full of information of what Drew is doing and not doing. I love hearing what is going on :) I think that is so sweet that Drew is so dedicated to you, I have one that is the same way, and I really enjoy that :) I'm planning on being out there at the end of June, and part of July, so I'm looking forward to seeing your family. Oh, and I love seeing your pictures, Drew is definately a CUTIE!!!

Natalie said...

He sounds a lot like Adeline. No teeth here yet either :) She loves to sit up, strongly dislikes tummy time, but will scoot a little bit every now and then. We are doing the same with sleeping. It is fun to read your blog to compare our little ones since they are so close in age. Your guys are so cute!! You look beautiful. Happy Mother's Day :)

ByHISgoodGrace said...

Aw, what a big boy and what wonderful news about him. He's beautiful.