Friday, May 22, 2009

Great yard sale find....


So I got this Evenflo car seat for Drew today at a yard sale for $15. He won't be using it for a few months. He is still using his rear facing infant seat, but I know the next few months are going to go by fast and I will need one. I have been searching on craigslist and also pricing new ones. I was surprised at how much they were. We used a hand-me-down one last time for Luke. They are just as much or more as the price we paid for Drew's infant travel system with the stroller. So, my friend Janaun called me today from a yard sale saying she found a car seat I might like. I drove over there and checked it out. They were asking $20, but I got it for $15. Great deal...I took it home and cleaned it up and it looks almost brand new. I love yard sales!!!

2 comments:

meNmykids said...

I love yard sales too!! We have used yard sale car seats before, but found out that it is not legal. Also your seat has a sticker on the back and the date can be no longer than 5 years, or you can get a ticket. In the state of Washington anyway. We got one. Really. Talk about picking hairs. He looks so darling in the seat.

ByHISgoodGrace said...

What a great find! He looks like such a big boy now, can you believe it? Those boys are so beautiful!