Thursday, February 23, 2006

Little Box Of Goodies



I was sorting through a tote that I've had in my closet. It is one of those ones that has all your special things in it, that you don't want to throw away but are not quite sure what to do with. So you just put them all together in a tote and it just sits there. Well I felt like going through it today and reminding myself of what was in there. It was pretty fun. I found lots of pictures and cards a journal that I wrote in high school and even some letters that Joe and I wrote to each other when we first got together. It was nice to remember back, even though it has only been a few years. Here is a poem I wrote and haven't read for a few years. It really gave me peace today and encouraged me, so I thought I would share it!!!
When did you last kneel, and in your heart did feel,
The closeness in your soul, that all around you was whole.
The warmth of his love, sent on wings of a dove.
Overfilling your being, and wonderful joy never fleeing.
When did you last know, how his spirit did flow.
Humbling your heart within, and freeing you from all sin.
Your eyes filling with tears, and having no more fears.
Of what your future may hold, and letting God's hand unfold,
His complete will for you, and what he wants you to do.
Turn to him for all, and then you will not fall.
Honor him in all you do, be thankful your his chosen few.
Never turn away, and from his side don't stray.
The Lord is always there, showing his loving care.
So be a shining light, and keep up the good fight.
By: Beth
10/11/99

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Beautiful! Words that are so true. Thank you so much for sharing that, Beth!

momto3blessings said...

That is very beautiful and touching. I needed to read that tonight. Thank You!