Friday, October 19, 2007

As days and weeks go by....

Chest we got to put all her special things in. Pretty much anything that has to do with her is in here. Letters, cards, flower, her blanket, ect.
Here is her poem that Jewely wrote and her hand prints and foot prints displayed.
Her very special pictures
Her special corner in our room, this is where her bassinet would have gone so it seemed fitting to make a little corner in memory of her. I love to look at these things and remember her. It give me such peace.
Here is a picture I made. I took flower that people had given us and pressed them and then put them in this frame. It turned out so good and I am so glad I will have these flowers preserved forever.
~
As the weeks go by I feel like I am starting to heal a little. It seems like this week I have had more good days than bad. Which has been really nice.



But this morning I kinda woke up with a heavy heart. I don't usually let myself think to much about what it would be like if Lily was here, and what I would be doing with her and Luke. It only makes me very sad to think about this, so I try to avoid it. But today it seems I woke up thinking about it. I was so excited to become a mother of two. I was so excited for our family to grow. I was looking forward to being more relaxed with this one and enjoying it. Cause you know with the first one it is always a little more stressful and scary as a first time mom and feeling like you don't know what you are doing. I couldn't wait to watch Joe become a dad again. Just days before we had Lily he was playing with his little nephew Miles. He looked so happy and excited and I couldn't wait to see him that way again with our little baby. I was looking forward to watching Luke become a big brother and love and kiss on his little sister. If any knows Luke he loves to give lots of hugs and kisses. I know he would have been a great big brother. I am sure it would not be all fun and games and having two kids is a lot of work. But I was ready for that.



It is so hard when you feel empty. It is so strange because I have been through two whole pregnancies and two whole deliveries, yet I still only have one child. Although I am so thankful for him. He definitely give me so much joy. He has brought me so much comfort through just a hug when I am feeling so low.



It is also hard as the weeks go and and life moves on for everyone around you. But the pain and loss is still so real and fresh in my mind and heart. I know being the mother that my grieving will last for a long time and I only hope that the people around me will be patient with me and allow me to grieve and take my time to heal. I know that life goes on, but it is hard when you feel like you are moving on without someone, and letting go of her. While yet keeping her memory alive.



I know that over the next few months there are going to be lots of hard first to get through. I know Halloween it not a very big deal, but of course my mind wonders to what it would be like and what cute little costume she would be wearing. Then there is Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am not looking forward to these. We found out we were pregnant with Lily Christmas day. I know they are going to be very hard days for me. Thinking how different life was a year ago. We were so happy and excited. I never thought a year later this is where I would be. I hope that after the new year 2008 starts I can start to feel renewed and have a fresh start.



I know that the Lord cares about us, and he will bless us. If it is his will I hope that he will bless us with more children. But nothing will ever replay my special angel. She will always be so special to me. I will never forget her, and I will continue to think of her everyday for the rest of my life. I don't want her life to be forgotten. She was so real to me. I know she was stillborn and never took a breath, but she was STILL born. She was perfect in every way.

9 comments:

Trina said...

That little corner is so perfect! I am so glad you have all those precious things to remember Lily by. The pressed flowers are unique and such a keepsake. Great job,and good for you for thinking of doing it. Your words give me such an insight to how hard it is, but what a beautiful heart you have concerning it all. Amazing. You are still in my prayers.

Tiffany said...

She was a real beautiful person, not just a baby. I am very glad you have gotten the strength to have a dedicated corner for her and the flowers are gorgeous and perfectly pressed. At first I thought it was store-bought.

Try not to think too much about what could have been; it will start to eat you up inside, I think.

Wishing you well!

Anonymous said...

Oh Beth, thank you for pouring your little heart out and sharing it all with the rest of us. I cannot express how much it means to all of us to be able to share such intimate and precious moments of your life and Lily Ann's memory. It is a very special gift to hear your words, and see your photos. Bless your heart.
Sally

meNmykids said...

So glad that the healing has begun. You are still in my prayers daily. It will take a long time for your mothers heart to give up the "would have been". It has been 10 years and 4 months since our son died, I still keep his rain boots and rain coat in my closet and touch them regularly. It is an enormous comfort to me, that he is not completely forgotten. A bittersweet memory. Time will help your aching arms, and God is good to bless us with what we need to heal. When the pain is too much, call His name and He will give comfort.

Tish said...

Oh, Beth, sometimes my heart just aches for you! I'm glad you are trying to grieve in your own way and get on with life. It would be hard to be so sad over something and yet still have to be a good mother and wife. Lily's little corner is beautiful. You are in our prayers so much.

Jules said...

Beth, I don't know HOW you have such a way with words. I wish I had your gift. Just reading your blog makes me FEEL exactly what you are feeling. I can't feel what it feels like to lose a child, but I can feel (from your words) what you are going through now. I love the idea to put the memorabilia in the corner where her bassinet would have been. You had such wonderful ideas of how to remember her by. I can imagine the holidays will be tough. We will continue to be here for you and to pray for comfort every day for you. I am so glad that we've gotten close, you are truly an amazing person, with such a good heart. I know that Lily will never be forgotten, but someday,I pray, that you will be blessed with another healthy baby and you can do all of those things that you were so excited to do. Love ya!

Marisela said...

Beth,
I am so sorry for your loss, and the pain you feel. You are in my prayers. I am thankful that each day is starting to get easier for you.

Kim said...

Beth,
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Please know you and your family are in my prayers and thoughts. May the Lord's hand be upon you and comfort you.
It is absolutely beautiful the thoughtful ways you've honored your precious Lily Ann.
God bless you Sweetie.
Kim

Cara said...

What a beautiful memorial!! Your so creative!! Keep your head up, girl!!