Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Mud Mud & More Mud

This is what my husband brings home to me after a long day of riding 4 wheelers in the mountians!!


(I had to wash everything off in the tub before putting it in the washer)

Joe and a couple of friends decided to go riding over the weekend. They went way up in the mountains some where. It is not a good idea to go riding in Colorado when it is raining or has rained in the last few days, cause the dirt turns to clay more so then mud, and it sticks to everything. So of course Joe gets our 4 wheeler stuck and has to dig it out. They other guys didn't get theirs stuck cause they have 4 wheel drive. Ours is a Yamaha Blaster and is just 2 wheel drive. It does really great on dry land....but not in the mud. So he gets it out and rides some more, and he is not only muddy from getting the 4 wheeler out but also just from all the mud that is kicking up from the tires. Well then they are on there way home and the guy driving decides to drive really fast and goes off into the ditch and gets his big truck stuck with the trailer and all the 4 wheelers on back. So they have to dig in the mud again to get out of the ditch. It was pretty bad. So Joe was literally covered from head to toe with mud. The pictures don't really do it justice. There was a layer of mud covering almost every surface of his clothes, boots, helmet, goggles and gloves. It was not very fun to clean up!!!!

7 comments:

Nicki said...

Oh my! I would have just thrown everything away! LOL! I'm wasteful like that. Hee!

Unknown said...

Oh boy :p I'd have made him clean it up :p I'm a meanie...

Glad to hear things are going well with the bottle breaking. Just wanted to tell you I found these awesome sippy cups at wal-mart. They are called Nuby's and they don't have the little plugs in them which is great and they have soft mouth pieces so it helped Brett adjust from the bottle. He is now bottle free and it happened in about a week :D See if you can find some of those sippy cups to try they are the best. Good luck.

Trina said...

Hey Beth,
Those pictures made me chuckle. I am sorry, that is pretty bad. You are a dear little wife for tending to the mess. A good wife is far above rubies.

Beth said...

Jenny: OH man yeah that would be bad..having sand in all the pockets...what a pain to clean. Joe has a little bit of mud in his coat pockets but not too bad.

Nicki: I felt like throwing it all away...or taking it to the car wash. But I couldn't....it was all his work clothes...work pants, boots, gloves, and hat that used to be nice at one time. They all got a very much need cleaning. Three times in the washing machine :-)

Beth said...

Trina & Kristiesue: I didn't mind cleaning every thing for him...even though I didn't enjoy it. He was very tired and irritated from his long rough day in the mud.

Renee said...

WOW! that's a lot of mud! I thought Mark was bad coming in from the pasture. I guess I have it made!

momto3blessings said...

What a lot of mudd. They get to have fun and we get to clean up the mess. LOL