Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Case Of The Disappearing Tin Foil


I hate when stuff like this happens...it can drive you crazy!!

So we had some friends over for dinner the other night. I had used the tin foil to line the pan I was cooking the chicken with. And the last time I remember seeing it, it was laying on the counter. We went about our night, enjoyed our dinner and our company. Then the next day I went to use the tin foil and I couldn't find it anywhere. I looked in all the cabinets....under the sink....everywhere. I even had Joe helping me search. So another day went by. It was really starting to bug me. I was thinking "How in the world did it just disappear, it has to be somewhere" Well I decided to call my friend that was helping me in the kitchen that night to see if maybe she put it somewhere or if she saw me do something with it. But she wasn't home. I had pretty much gave up and thought....I must have thrown it away. So a few days later, we are just sitting around and Luke asked me for a piece of cheese. So I go in the kitchen and open the fridge. The cheese is in one of those little drawer with other stuff like lunch meats. Well what do you know....there is the tin foil, in that drawer. I don't know how in the world it got there. I probably wasn't paying attention when we were cleaning up the kitchen that night. And I was too busy talking and put it in that drawer. It was pretty funny. I was just glad we found it. You can tell I don't use that drawer to much I guess :-)

9 comments:

Renee said...

I've lost so many strange things, you wouldn't even believe it. I lose clothes all the time, pants, etc. What's up with that?!

Nicki said...

Too funny, Beth!!! Sounds like the time I found my bread in the fridge and the lunch meat in the bread cabinet. LOL!

Trina said...

OH my goodness, I am glad I am not the only one. This happened a lot with the boys clothes. Shirts just disappear or pants even. The boys mostly will put them away in the wrong place or something.Drives me batty though. We have tried to make a home for other things like keys, cell phones, and all other things so that the boys will be consistent. Too many people in the house can make finding things a challenge otherwise.

Drywall Mom said...

I wouldn't be surprised if your son put it there. Mine does that to me all the time with stuff around the house.

Heidi said...

Hi Beth - that is so funny about the tin foil!!! Now how many times have I ever done something like that...I can't count ha ha!

You are such a sweetie, thank you for your comment on my blog. I've has a rough night but hoping whatever this is that it will pass. This vertigo thing is really a weird thing to deal with as well. And I didn't know it can just come back! Thank you for your prayers!

Heidi

momto3blessings said...

Hahahah, I have done the same thing. You get to busy talking and things get put in the wierdest spots.

Unknown said...

Hi Beth, Thanks for visiting my blog. We do seem to have a lot in common ;) I LOVE Bluegrass Gospel Music :D

I used to have a great memory. Then I had kids... need I say more??? I don't know what happened to my brain but I seriously can't remember things anymore LOL. I lose stuff all the time.

Anonymous said...

Beth,
I have been searching for things that I have missed placed for a long while. I usually find these items with time. I don't mind that to much (as long as I find what is really wanted or needed once and while) there have been a couple of things lost for a long while.. and no sign or clue what happened. I have learned to live with out those things... but i still look as I go through day to day life!!!
Dad

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Cute blog... I have to totally relate to this, as recently I was putting away groceries and went to put something in the freezer- opened it up to find I had put the bananas right in there- and had no recollection of it!! I think this must be a normal part of motherhood!!