Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Fun Filled Tuesday





Well started out the day getting up kinda early and going to our church to clean. It is my week to clean, so I went and got it done today. Luke had a lot of fun since we had the whole place to ourselves. He could run around all the benches and make as much noise as he wanted.

Then I spent the afternoon at home babysitting. Usually about an hour or so after Landon (the little boy I baby-sit) gets here I try to put both of them down for a nap. That has been my routine and it gives me a couple of hours to get some things done around the house. Well today both the boys had other plans in mind. I layed Luke down as I always do and he is usually out in a couple of minutes. Then I went back in the living room with Landon and tried to rock him to sleep. Well after about 5 minutes Luke comes strolling out of his room "Hi Mama." So we just ended playing all afternoon. It was pretty fun. Even though I didn't get much done around here. Thats ok, cause Luke and Landon had a blast together. That is untill they both started feeling the effects of missing their naps, and they got a little bit cranky.

Then this evening Luke and I were in the kitchen and I was loading the dishwasher. Luke likes to try to help and always counts the glasses and dishes as I put them in. Well tonight I wasn't paying to close of attention to what he was saying...but then I started to listen and I noticed he was counting in spanish. "Uno, Dos, Tres, Quatro, Cinco, Seis" I was totally amazed. He counted to 6 in spanish. I give all the credit to Dora......thanks Dora and Boots. I knew he loved watching that show, but didn't realize how much he was actually picking up on. It was pretty neat!!!

6 comments:

momto3blessings said...

Sounds like a great afternoon with the kids. We love Dora here too and mary has learned to count to 3 in spanish from that show. Pretty neat.

Nicki said...

They are both so adorable!

Trina said...

Oh my Abram LOVED Dora. He had a Dora bday party for his 3rd. Which for a boy was unusual, but he wouldnt have had it any other way. He learned tons from that show and now loves Diego. Go Diego Go!! It sounds like you have been busy.

Alison said...

Isn't Dora wonderful?

Twinsplus2 said...

Your little guy is beautiful! I see you are a fellow scrapbooker...awesome addiction!

Thanks for your comment!

: ) L. (aka isaacson6pack)

MarylandMommy said...

DORA rocks!!! She is a regular in our house too!!!