Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Sanitizing Queen

What can I say, ever since Luke and everyone has been sick I have turned into a sanitizing queen. I have always been a pretty clean person. I Don't like to see messes laying around, but to me as long as it looked clean then it probably was. Well that has all changed. I am constantly cleaning and disinfecting in hope to get rid of all the germs and be sickness free. It has become like a nightly ritual. I go around and clean all of Luke's toys and the table and counter tops. I spray down all the door handles and light switches. Any place possible that you could think of. My obsession has even spread outside the home. It seems like every where I go everyone is sick. You go to Wal Mart and just listen to the sounds of kids and adults coughing and sniffing. So, when we go to the store I have to wipe down the cart with the clorox wipes before I put Luke in it. And when we get back out to the car it is time to apply the hand sanitizer. I guess we have just been playing it very safe. We are tired of being sick and having to be stuck in the house for weeks at a time. The cold and flu season is almost over so I am sure I will tone things down a bit after that.

4 comments:

Trina said...

What a great idea Beth. I thought I was being clean but I havent made it a nightly ritual..maybe thats the problem...LOL. I love that the store here has sanitizers at the cart area now to clean your carts, ingenius! I think I will go sanitize.

Beth said...

Trina:
They don't actually have the sanitizers in the store at the cart area. I bring a little travel pack of wipes with me in my purse and use those. But Hey that is a great idea to have them right there at the carts for the public to use. Would probably help stop the spread of germs alot.

Drywall Mom said...

I remember living in Denver and everyone was always sick this time of year. It would be really cold one day and the next it would be in the 70's and then really cold the next day and back to the 70's again. I don't miss that.

momto3blessings said...

I do the same thing everynight. Also i keep those clorox wipes in the bathroom and everytime i go in there i grab one and wipe down the faucet and door handles and toilet flusher thingy and that seems to really help